Just like that, spring has come and gone in Central Florida! With the cold fronts mostly done by now, home and business owners alike can begin to prepare their yards for another scorching summer. Therefore, right now is the best time to turn those bad-looking, patchy yards around. To help you achieve this vision, we’ve added some tips that each person who has a lawn should be utilizing:
- With temperatures rising, you should be mowing your lawn at least once a week, and now that it’s spring (or near it). See recommendations for your type of grass. If you’re unsure, feel free to give RH Miller Pest Services a call for tips and advice.
- St. Augustine Grass — mow 3.5 – 4 inches in height.
- Bahia Grass — mow 2 – 2.5 inches in height.
- Make sure that you’re fertilizing your lawn multiple times each year. Spring is one of the essential times that lawns should be fertilized. In other words, be sure to ensure that the grass is getting those key nutrients that it desires!
- Calibrate your irrigation system and make sure you are watering as frequently as recommended for your area. Alternatively give your local lawn experts at RH Miller Pest Services a call to make sure you’re using best practice procedures in your yard!
A sure-fire way to ensure a lush and healthy lawn year round!
Sure, some of these tips may seem pretty obvious, but consistency is key! At the same time, warming temperatures are here and grass is now growing again, and special nutrients will need to be applied to strengthen root growth and help push out newer grass blades. Whether you live in Orlando, Winter Park, Oviedo, Lake Mary, Windermere, or Winter Springs, you should be utilizing these tips or should have someone around who can help keep that yard of yours green! Your lawn should be treated like an extended family member.
RH Miller Pest Services has been immersed in the Central Florida area in cities like Winter Park for over a quarter of a century. Our experts are committed to getting results for your lawn. As with all of our services, our process starts with a free estimate. Call our offices today @ 407-339-7119 to get the ball rolling. Between fertilizing, weed control, and fending off lawn-destroying insects, lawn care can be a full time job. Our lawn professionals are standing by ready to give your yard the boost it needs!