Rats and mice can carry very serious diseases!
While they can typically be found behind closed doors (or walls), rats are a common pest found here in Central Florida. It’s that time of the year when the rodent population is on the move so we thought we’d provide you with some important signs to look out for to make sure you’re not sharing your roof with anyone who might be dodging rent!
- Keep all windows and doors shut. Rodents and other pests will use a wide open door just like anyone else wood to enter!
- Keep an eye out for holes in walls or attic areas. Rats and mice will look for any vulnerable area to create a highway. This also includes piping throughout your home or business.
- Be sure to keep your yard, shrubs, and bushes groomed if they are near your home.
- Get rid of cluster! This includes fire wood stacks! Rodents will jump on the opportunity to turn your cluster into their own cozy home!
- Do not leave trash, food, or pet food out over night! Unprotected and unsealed trash is a breeding ground for not only rats, but for all sorts of pests!
A sure-fire way to guarantee a rat-free winter!
These are just a few signs and preventative tips you can use to fend off these nasty rodents. Every case is different when dealing with a potential infestation. RH Miller Pest Services has been immersed in the Central Florida area in cities like Oviedo for over a quarter of a century. Our experts are committed to getting results for your home or business. As with all of our services, our process starts with a free estimate. Call our offices today @ 407-339-7119 to get the ball rolling — remember, it’s just gonna get cooler as the days go by and the leaves begin to fall!