Bats in your attic? No, you are not crazy, and we are here to help! Orlando’s bat maternity season is officially over. Eviction time is finally here! It’s time to give bats the boot! While they may be cute to some, there are a few things you should be aware of. Here are some facts on bats for you to consider:
- Bat maternity season last from April 15 – August 15. They gather to raise their young and were protected by law.
- Bats can carry many harmful diseases, however, infection rate to humans is possible.
- Bats come in various sizes, from the cute size of a thumbnail, to the much larger scary flying fox with a wing span of 6 feet!
- Prevention is key to keep these unwanted guests out of your home.
- Make sure that you always keep doors and other entry-ways closed at night. Bats will use regular entry-ways just like us!
- Caulk and patch small openings right away because they make for easy entryways to these disgusting bats!
- Observe your property during dusk in the evening. This is the best time to identify where bats may be entering because thats when they’re most active!
- If you come in contact with a bat that’s trapped, do not touch it because there is a chance they can carry diseases.
- Bats hibernate during the fall/winter. You have about 6 months to bat-proof your home or business!
Facts That Can Make You Go Batty
Leave It To The Pros!
Bats are federally protected so leave the handling up to us during open season. RH Miller Pest Services in Orlando has been immersed in the Central Florida area for over a quarter of a century. Our experts are committed to getting results for you and your family. As with all of our services, our process starts with a free estimate. Call our offices today @ 321-280-9201 to schedule your free estimate. Our wildlife professionals are standing by ready to get you the results you deserve!