Florida is beautiful all year round but us Floridians’ relish in the start of fall. Blistering heat and humidity has us counting down the days of bonfires and sweaters. And one of the best Floridian past-times is camping and experiencing the natural beauty that only Florida has to offer. Planning the adventure is essential to having an enjoyable experience. From picking the perfect shaded spot to make camp to what to wear, getting your ducks in a row beforehand can make of break the experience. The worse of this is not being prepared for the possibility of BUGS! But fear not! We have compiled easy solutions for anyone wanting to experience the wonderlust of Florida bug free!
Easy Solutions For Bug Free Fun!
- DEET SPRAYS OR CREAMS– one of the most popular choices, you can purchase at any local store. There have been reports of safety issues, however, most scientist claim that it’s completely safe to use.
- ESSENTIAL OILS– oils such as, Geranium, Sage, Cedarwood, Eucalyptus, Thyme, Clove, Citronella, and Lavender have shown to be fantastic at repelling bugs. You can apply it directly to the skin and clothing, however be careful not to get into your eyes.
- Mosquito Coils and Lanterns– perfect for those who want to forgo applying anything to the skin. These emit a smell or smoke that deters mosquitos
- FIRE!– Not only a camping must, but having a fire going will keep bugs away! HINT: to make your campfire extra smokey you can throw on a few damp twigs or leaves!
- Make the Fire Extra!– Throw some herbs on there. Sage, Lavender, and Rosemary will kick it up a notch!
- Location of campsite- pick a location that is high and dry. Anyone knows mosquitos and water are hand in hand.
- Bug Repellent Bracelets– Super easy to use, these bracelets emit a smell that will keep away the bugs.
- Keep it Clean– Removing trash and food will greatly reduce that attraction of many species of bugs.
Camping in Your Back Yard? We Got You!
Want to forgo the true outdoors for some camping closer to home? Go camping in your backyard! While not true camping, it can be fun if you have little ones that can not make the voyage into the wilderness. To keep the bugs away, regular pest control can make the experience enjoyable with no fuss! We here at RH Miller Pest Services take pride making sure that you can have peace of mind. Servicing Central Florida for over 25 years, including areas like Winter Park and Mount Dora, we had the expertise to get the results you desire! Bugs, Wildlife or Lawn; we do it all. Find out why we have a 5 STAR ratting on Google today! Give us a call @ 321-316-3948 to set up a free estimate and breath easy.