Float like a butterfly, sting like a wasp? If you’ve ever been stung by a wasp before you know it certainly does not leave you feeling warm and fuzzy! Well, maybe if you have an allergy. 😉 All jokes aside, did you know that wasps can be found all over the globe (well, minus Antarctica)? While wasps do play a role in food cycles and feed on other insects to keep their population’s in check, they surely can be a nuisance (and, are rather scary!). However, they don’t have to be a worry for you when you’re at your home or place of business.
Look Out For These Signs to Keep These Pesky Buggers Away:
- Be aware of your surroundings! Wasps like to hide behind, beneath and inside of things.
- Paper wasps are a social wasp who typically make their nests under patio/porch roofs and under eaves of houses/buildings.
- Wasp nests can vary in appearance depending on species. They can be gray/light tan, round or spherical, and/or have combs that may or may not be visible.
- Wasps may also nest in the ground, preferring abandoned rodent burrows. If you find a ground nest, it can be controlled by applying a dust or granular insecticide to it. It is best to do this when their activity is at its lowest, which is in the late evening hours.
- Wasps will not reuse an old nest if one is disturbed or knocked down. Be sure to knock down old or abandoned nests if you see them.
The Best Way to Guarantee a Wasp-Free Zone!
These tips are just a few things to be on the lookout for to ensure a wasp-free zone. Let RH Miller Pest Services take it from here, so you can be worry-free. We have been immersed in the Central Florida area in cities like Lake Nona, for over a quarter of a century. Our experts are committed to getting results for your home or business. As with all of our services, our process starts with a free estimate. Call our offices @ 407-339-7119 to schedule your free, no obligation inspection, today!