Floridas winter season may not bring harsh blizzards or icy driveways, but it can have a great impact on your land. We know Florida’s temperature changes aren’t as drastic, but the change in our grassy gardens will show. If you’d like to prevent winter-kill and reduce your lawns impending damage, here are some tips for maintaining a vibrant lawn throughout the winter season in the Sunshine State.
- Watering less frequently is recommended since the cooler temperatures and increased rainfall can help keep your lawn hydrated.
- Keep mowing your lawn, but adjust the cutting height to a lower setting to prevent the grass from getting tall.
- Watch out for weeds!: Winter is prime time for weeds in Florida. Keep an eye out for them and try using herbicides or manual removal to keep them away.
- Fertilize wisely: Apply a slow-release fertilizer in late fall to provide your lawn with healthy growth during the winter months.
- Be mindful of pests: Keep a keen eye out for pests like chinch bugs and mole crickets.
Let RH Miller Help You With Your Lawn!
All of us at RH Miller Pest Services take pride in making sure that you can have peace of mind. Servicing Central Florida for over 25 years, including areas like Longwood, we have the expertise to get the results you desire! Bugs, Wildlife or Lawn; we do it all. Find out why we have a 5 STAR ratting on Google today! Give us a call @ 321-316-3948 to set up a free estimate and leave the rest to us!