A Party animal may be the life of the Holiday party but in our experience it can also be a disaster! With the change in seasons many breath a sigh of relief to the change in weather. And with the Holiday season now here, many start to wonder, ” Where did the time go?”. It seems everyone has the same sentiment around this time of the year and the same frenzied pace. Whether it’s making (and paying) for travel plans, putting up decorations, or searching and buying gifts, some tasks can fall through the cracks. And along with these forgot honey-do items, are things that no one really has thought of yet. Along with the change of season, wild animals are also making plans for the winter. Hopefully for you, you wont have to share your household with more than your in-laws this holiday season.
Party Animals can Ruin the Party
You may be stressing out about which gift to get for your loved ones. If only everyone wanted the same thing for the holidays, shopping would be a breeze. Turns out, all wild animals are looking for the same thing in the months of November and December on. . . warmth. The source of their coveted gift may lie with (or within/under) your home. With the change of weather, armadillos, raccoons, possum, feral cats, snakes are all looking for a way to shake the cool weather. You can’t really blame them as they have families too and are just trying to survive. However, you can have a say in where they stay. Everyone should use these tips to keep wildlife from entering your home or business this holiday season:
- Outfit door sweeps for exterior doorways and be sure that there aren’t any holes/damage to your porch or pool screens.
- Lookout for roof damage for areas that may be vulnerable to entry / susceptible to damage
- Be sure that your chimney is outfitted with a cap.
- Lookout and repair, if needed, any cracks or entry ways around the exterior wall of your home.
- Make sure that trees aren’t touching your roof as this provides a highway for all sorts of pests, not just wildlife.
- Be sure your garbage cans have lids when you take them out or if storing them outside.
- Make sure that you dispose of leaf or debris piles if doing yard work.
- Do not leave food dishes outside over night
- If you own fruit trees or have a garden, be sure to dispose of any ripe fruit that may have fallen to the ground.
Sign the Eviction Notice Today
From the basic trapping and removing to wildlife exclusions, RH Miller Pest Services come highly recommended in Central Florida. Wildlife Exclusions are highly recommended to keep critters from coming back, especially in situations where birds and bats are involved. We provide minor damage repairs and seal off hiding spaces and entry ways. Our thorough inspections will identify all points of entry. RH Miller Pest Services has been servicing the Central Florida area in cities like Sanford for over 25 years and have licensed wildlife experts on stand by to lend a hand this season. Please feel to give us a call today for a free quote @ 321-316-3948!