Ensuring the well-being of our beloved pets is a top priority for every responsible pet owner. When it comes to pest control services, it is essential to take proactive measures to keep our furry friends safe and sound. In 2011-2013 about 37.3% out of all pet deaths was caused by pesticide poisoning. That’s terrible! In this blog, we’ll explore practical tips to help you navigate the process of pest control without compromising any of your pets health.
Before Deciding To Get Pest Services Done You Should…
- Communication with Pest Control Professionals: Open a dialogue with the pest service providers before schedule treatment. Inform them about the presence of pets in your home and inquire about pet-friendly pest control options.
- Temporary Relocation: If, possible consider temporarily relocating your pets during pest control treatment. This could involve taking them to a friend or family members home, or arranging a cozy in a familiar environment away from the treated areas.
- Isolate Pet Areas: Clearly define and isolate areas where your pets spend the most time. Close doors or use barriers to restrict access to these zones during and after the pest control treatment. This Minimizes their exposure to any residual chemicals.
- Use Pet-Friendly Pest Control Products: Opt for pet-friendly Pest control products if they are available to you. Discuss this option with the professionals, and inquire about treatment’s that pose minimal risks to animals. Many eco-friendly and pet-safe alternatives are effective with controlling pests without harm to your pests.
After You Get/Do Pest Services You Should Consider…
- Ventilation and Aeration: After the treatment is complete, ensure proper ventilation by opening windows and doors. Allow fresh air to circulate through the treated areas, reducing the concentration of any lingering chemicals. This step helps create a safer environment for your pets.
- Cleaning and wiping down surfaces: Clean surfaces that your pets frequently come in contact with. Wipe down floor, countertops, and pet toys to remove any traces of chemical residue. Regular cleaning aids in maintaining a healthier living space for both you and your pets.
- Observe Behavioral Changes: Keep a close eye on your pets for any unusual behaviors or signs of distress following pest control services. If you notice anything concerning, consult with your veterinarian promptly. Early detection allows for timely intervention.
- Regular Vet Check-Ups: Schedule regular veterinarian check-ups to monitor your pets’ health. Share information about recent pest control treatments with your vet, enabling them to potential health concerns.
Prioritizing the safety of your pest during pest control services involves proactive communication, strategic planning, and a commitment to usin gpet-friendly alternatives. By following these guidelines, you can create a secure environment for your furry companions, ensuring their well-being even in the face of pest control challenges.
All of us at RH Miller Pest Services take pride in making sure that you can have an amazing spring, summer, fall and winter!. Servicing Central Florida for over 30 years, including areas like Orlando, we have the expertise to get the results you desire! Pest, Wildlife or Lawn, we do it all. Find out why we have a 5 STAR rating on Google today! Give us a call @ 321-316-3948 to set up a free estimate and leave the rest to us.