Are you sharing your space with unwanted guests? Unfortunately, roaches are a common reality for most people (especially, with the sweltering Orlando humidity!). However, although common, their presence is certainly not welcome! Prevention is key when dealing with these stubborn and determined buggers. Here are a few facts and bonus tips that everyone should be using to ensure a roach-free zone:
Not-So-Well Known Facts:
- They can develop a resistance to traditional insecticides. Because of this fact, we frequently recommend a thorough clean out to rid an area of German roaches.
- They can produce hundreds of thousands of cockroaches in just one year! The breed continuously, unlike many other species, which breed in cycles.
- If you see one, there’s probably more! German roaches spend most of their lives protected behind cabinets or inside dishwashers or other appliances.
- Females carry their eggs on their bodies and lay them just before they’re ready to hatch. During their pregnancy, they spend the majority of their time hidden deep in cracks or crevices.
- The German Cockroach and Asian Cockroach look nearly identical! Take a look here at some more interesting facts.
Helpful Preventative Tips:
- Cleanliness is next to godliness! The old cliche runs very true with this one: roaches (and a lot of other pests) will target any sort of food source. For example: built up grease or residue from your kitchen appliances or crumbs that have been spilt from the dinner table can attract roaches in droves!
- They need water too! Like all living things: water is a vital source of a roach’s existence. Make sure that there are no leaky pipes in your home or business that will provide these pests with a consistent supply. They’ll even go after a damp wash cloth in that kitchen sink of yours!
- It’s your home, protect it! To ensure that these roaches aren’t staying without paying rent you need to know where to look out for their hiding spots. Be sure to seal up any cracks or crevices to prevent entry and re-entry. Make sure that all windows and doors remain shut firmly. Just like you and I, roaches will use a doorway too!
The Best Way to Guarantee a Roach-Free Zone!
These are just a few signs and preventative tips you can use to fend off roaches. If you suspect that you might have a German Roach issue, RH Miller Pest Services is ready to come to the rescue. We have been immersed in the Central Florida area in cities like Orlando, for over a quarter of a century. Our experts are committed to getting results for your home or business. As with all of our services, our process starts with a free estimate. Call our office today @ 407-339-7119 to schedule yours now! No one should have to share a space with any sort of pests, let alone German Roaches!