They can be found all over the world!
Wasps may be a common sight in Florida, but they’re actually one of the largest species and can be found all over the globe (well, minus Antartica)! They may be beneficial to pollination cycles, but they typically get a bad wrap for their aggression (when provoked) and their painful stings. While wasps do play a role in food cycles and feed on other insects to keep their population’s in check. However, they don’t need to necessarily do their jobs by your home or business! Listed below are some helpful facts about wasps that should assist you in knowing what to look out for to keep these pesky pests away:
- There are over 200 different species of wasps.
- Paper wasps are a social wasp who typically make their nests under patio/porch roofs and under eaves of houses/buildings.
- Wasps colonies contain workers and a queen.
- Male wasps do not sting because only female wasps have stingers!
- Contrary to popular belief, stingers are not only for defense but to help females lay eggs as well!
- Wasps will not reuse an old nests if one is disturbed or knocked down. Be sure to knock down old or abandoned nests if you see them!
The best way to guarantee a wasp-free zone!
These are just a few things to look out for to ensure a wasp-free area. RH Miller Pest Services has been immersed in the Central Florida area in cities like Winter Springs for over a quarter of a century. Our experts are committed to getting results for your home or business. As with all of our services, our process starts with a free estimate. Call our offices today @ 407-339-7119 to get the ball rolling! No one should have to share a space with any sort of pests!