They’re Cute Until They’re Tearing Up Your Trash!
Trash Bandits: you’ve heard the term been used before. You may have cursed them under your breath after they’ve made a mess out of your trash left out over night. Alternatively, you may have seen them scurry across an empty street past sun down. Raccoons are on the move in Central Florida. Many of them may be minding their own business but a select few can’t help but cause a headache. Whether they’re tearing up your trash, trying to find a vulnerable crack or hole in your home to make their own or making a mess around you business, raccoons can cause a lot of grief. Some may even be carrying diseases which present a risk to the general public. While this may be concerning, there are steps that can be taken to ensure safety while preventing those early morning headaches.
Why should you care?
With the change of weather, armadillos, raccoons, possum, feral cats, snakes are all looking to survive. Now that the winter is over, raccoons, possum, and armadillos alike aren’t trying to shelter in from the cold weather. They’re now spending those twilight hours looking for a food source so they can continue to survive. Everyone should use these tips to keep wildlife from entering your home or business:
- Outfit door sweeps for exterior doorways and be sure that there aren’t any holes/damage to your porch or pool screens.
- Lookout for roof damage for areas that may be vulnerable to entry / susceptible to damage
- Be sure that your chimney is outfitted with a cap.
- Lookout and repair, if needed, any cracks or entry ways around the exterior wall of your home.
- Make sure that trees aren’t touching your roof as this provides a highway for all sorts of pests, not just wildlife.
- Be sure your garbage cans have lids when you take them out or if storing them outside.
- Make sure that you dispose of leaf or debris piles if doing yard work.
- Do not leave food dishes or pet food bowls out over night.
- If you own fruit trees or have a garden, be sure to dispose of any ripe fruit that may have fallen to the ground.
Trying to get rid of those uninvited guests?
From the basic trapping and removing to wildlife exclusions, RH Miller Pest Services comes highly recommended in Central Florida. Wildlife exclusions are highly recommended to keep critters from coming back. We provide minor damage repairs and seal off hiding spaces and entry ways. Our thorough inspections will identify all points of entry. We have expert trappers on hand who are willing and able to relocate any wildlife who may be trespassing on your property without harming the animal in the process. Our experts are on standby and can help remove raccoons, opossum, coyotes, snakes, or rodents. RH Miller Pest Services has been servicing the Central Florida area in cities like Winter Springs for over 25 years and have licensed wildlife experts on stand by to lend a humane hand this summer. Please feel to give us a call today for a free quote @ 407-339-7119!