If you’ve lived in Florida for awhile, you know by now that we’ve begun the unofficial start of summer! With Memorial Day weekend coming and going, home and business owners alike can begin to prepare their yards for another scorching summer. Therefore, right now is the best time to turn those bad-looking, patchy yards around. A properly managed watering / irrigation system is integral to a healthy, lush lawn. To help you achieve this vision, we’ve added some tips that each person who has a lawn should be utilizing:
- Water early in the day. Watering between 5 and 7am has proven to be the most effective timing.
- Rake up those leaves! Without proper sunlight, leaves can act as a catalyst for all types of patches and fungus that can be detrimental to any lawn. Conditions like this will promote more weeds as well — yuck!
- Noticing brown spots where your pets have been? Time for man’s best friend to take a short break from that area and to consistently water that section to promote regrowth from the nitrogen overload!
- Consistency is key! It is always recommended that you mow your yard on a regular, consistent basis to promote strong blade growth!
- Bonus tip: never cut more than 1/3 of a blade of grass at a time!
Does your lawn look like this? Sod webworms could be to blame!
A sure-fire way to ensure a lush and healthy lawn year round!
Sure, some of these tips may seem pretty obvious, but consistency is key! Your yard should be treated like an extended family member. RH Miller Pest Services has been immersed in the Central Florida area in cities like Lake Mary for over a quarter of a century. Our experts are committed to getting results for your lawn. As with all of our services, our process starts with a free estimate. Call our offices today @ 407-339-7119 to get the ball rolling