Florida is known as the sunshine state, but us Floridians know that it should be called the afternoon shower state. And for us in the working in Pest/Wildlife services, it’s called the Rat State! The climate surrounding Lake Mary is perfect to raise a family. This time of year, it is extremely important to critter proof your home before winter settles in and they make your home their home. Rodents are destructive and can damage anything they can sink their teeth in. For instance, their menu may consist of cable wires, wood, insulation, furniture, you name it, and they’ll chew on it! Since they love to chew this can be a disaster and be quite costly unless you hire an experienced rat removal company. With that said, here are a few tips you can use this winter season and keep these destructive little beasts out of your home or business:
Kick Rats to the Curb
- Don’t give them what they want! What they want is food, water and shelter. If you can eliminate even just one of these you can keep them away
- Fill holes, cracks and gaps, look for holes in walls or attic areas. Rodents will look for any vulnerable area to create a highway, including piping.
- Trim trees, shrubs and limbs back four feet from your home as rats are highly acrobatic and love the opportunity to test their abilities.
- Remove debris such as limbs, old cars or appliances from your property. This includes overgrown vegetation and stacks of lumber or wood. They are social animals, hundreds can inhabit only a few blocks. Work with your neighbors and make a plan! For instance, working with a single Pest company will dramatically increase the effectiveness for you both.
- Do not leave trash, food, or pet food out over night! Keep it locked away or the mice will play!
- Rats are incredibly smart animals, and they love companionship. If you allow one into your home they will invite all their rat friends.
- Always remember to use an experienced rat removal company that will customize the service to fit your needs.
We Got This! Peace of Mind You Can Rely On
These are just a few signs and preventative tips you can use to fend off these nasty rodents, and every case is different when dealing with a potential infestation. RH Miller Pest Services has been immersed in the Central Florida area in cities like Lake Mary for over a quarter of a century! Exceptional results you can count on for all your Pest, Lawn and Wildlife needs. As with all of our services, our process starts with a free estimate. Call our offices today @ 407-339-7119 to get the ball rolling — remember, it’s just gonna get cooler as the days go by and the leaves begin to fall!