Float like a butterfly, sting like a wasp? Typically, if you’ve ever been stung by a wasp before; you know it certainly does not leave you feeling warm and fuzzy! Well, maybe if you have an allergy. 😉 All jokes aside, did you know that wasps can be found all over the globe? Well, minus Antarctica. So, while wasps do play a role in food cycles and feed on other insects to keep their population’s in check, they surely can be a nuisance (and, are rather scary!). However, they don’t have to be a worry for you when you’re at your home or place of business.
Look Out For These Signs to Keep These Pesky Buggers Away:
- Be aware of your surroundings! Meaning, wasps like to hide behind, beneath and inside of things.
- Paper wasps are a social wasp. Therefore, make their nests under patio/porch roofs and under eaves of houses/buildings.
- Wasp nests can vary in appearance depending on species. For example, they can be gray/light tan, round or spherical, and/or have combs that may or may not be visible.
- Wasps may also nest in the ground, preferring abandoned rodent burrows. Applying a dust or granular insecticide to a ground nest will keep them controlled. It is best to do this when their activity is at its lowest, which is in the late evening hours.
- When disturbed or knocked down, wasps will not return. Be sure to knock down old or abandoned nests if you see them.
- Applying a dust or granular insecticide to a ground nest will keep them controlled
The Best Way to Guarantee a Wasp-Free Zone!
These tips are just a few things to be on the lookout for to ensure a wasp-free zone. Let RH Miller Pest Services take it from here, so you can be worry-free. We have been immersed in the Central Florida area in cities like Lake Nona, for over a quarter of a century. Our experts are committed to getting results for your home or business. As with all of our services, our process starts with a free estimate. Call our offices @ 407-339-7119 to schedule your free, no obligation inspection, today!